Unit 8: EPrints, To Be Continued…

So this post is for the first week of our two-week EPrints assignment. The install was very simple, since all we had to do was add a few lines to our Ubuntu server’s repo list after we got a new VM up and running. My only hangup was that I accidentally typed “y” instead of “Yes” at one point during the installation, as the instructions specifically said not to do (oops). I wasn’t sure if that was a big deal or not, so since it was so easy, I just started over and everything was successful the second go-round.

As far as customization, I put a silly custom logo up and changed the blurb to describe my project. Good thing I  had my classmates’ blogs to see where I was going wrong with the site logo thing (it was a .png and not a .gif, and there was a little typo in the instructions that had to be corrected). But otherwise, smooth sailing so far, and I’m looking forward to getting my little collection started!

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s